The Good Shepherd

Roman Catholic Parish in Telford, Shropshire incorporating St. Mary's, Madeley and St. Paul's, Dawley

Also serving the communities of Broseley and Stirchley

Shepherd Picture
 

PARISH PRIEST

Fr Michael Hartley was appointed as Parish Priest of The Good Shepherd in September, 2011.

He was raised in Ellesmere Port where he attended St. Mary's Catholic High School; his further education included the Salesian Missionary College in Pott Shrigley and 6th Form at St. Joseph's, Upholland.

Fr Michael's seminary training for the priesthood was in Ushaw College in Durham.

He was ordained on 7th July, 1984 and has served as Assistant Priest in St. Joseph's, Seacombe; St. Vincent's, Altrincham; St. Edward's, Runcorn; and Christ Church, Heald Green.

Prior to his appointment as Parish Priest of the Good Shepherd, Fr Michael was Parish Priest of St. Ambrose's Adswood and of St. Werburgh & St. Lawrence, Birkenhead.

 

PRIESTS OF ST. MARY'S, MADELEY

PRIESTS OF ST. PAUL'S, DAWLEY

1784 -
1798 -
1813 -
1813 – 14
1814 – 35
1835 – 37
1837 – 43
1843 – 48
1848
1848 – 49
1849 – 59
1859 – 60
1860 – 61
1861 – 62
1862 – 67
1867 – 70
1872 – 75
1875 – 77
1877 – 82
1882 – 89

1882 – 87
1887 – 89

1970 – 75
1975 – 79
1979 – 83
1983 – 89
1989 – 92
1992 -
1992 - 2000
2000 - 2003
2003 - 2011
2011 -

 

 

Thomas Mitchell
? Johnson
John Reeves
William Jones
William Barnes
William Barnes & Clement Jeffries
Clement Jeffries
Francis McGrath
Thomas Steen
Augustus Lempfried
William Molloy
Thomas Green
James Jenkins
John Gibbon
Henry Walker
Theophilus Degen
Thomas Donovan
Samuel Biggs
J. Arents (assisted by J.C. Arents: 1881 - 82)
Mission taken over by Missionaries of the Sacred Heart.
Then taken over by Shifnal
X. Deider
A. Bowen

John Lynch (assisted by David Woodier: 1970 - 1974)
John Roper (assisted by Ambrose Nicholson: 1974 - 1979)
Ambrose Nicholson
Peter H. Burke
Anthony Cavanagh
Daniel Canning
James Kenny
William Harrison
William Dukes
Michael E. Hartley

 

7th June 1964

1978


1978 – 1984
1984 – 1990
1990 – 1992
1992 – 1999
1999 – 2003
2003 – 2011
2011 –

Fr John P Lynch (St Mary’s PP 1970 - 1975) established a Mass Centre
in an RAF hut on Paddock Mount, Dawley.
Fr Anthony Elder was appointed to Dawley to establish a parish
After 5 years, he and the parishioners built the present church
St Paul's was formally opened by Bishop Gray in June 1983
Anthony Elder
David Craig
Martin Riley
Peter Dutton
William Harrison
William Dukes
Michael E Hartley

MASS TIMES
Saturday Vigil
St. Mary's, Madeley - 5pm

Sunday
St. Paul's, Dawley - 9am
St. Mary's, Madeley - 11am

CONFESSIONS
See Parish Newsletter

WEEKDAY MASSES and OTHER SERVICES
See Parish Newsletter

FIND US

CONTACT US
Telephone: 01952 586118
e-mail: pp@goodshepherd.org.uk

St. Paul's
Burton St. and Doseley Rd.
Dawley
Shropshire. TF4 3AH
Find it on Google Maps

St. Mary's
70 High St.
Madeley
Shropshire. TF7 5AH
Find it on Google Maps

Copyright © Good Shepherd, Telford
Page last updated: 4 June, 2016